Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Farm Food

So some thoughts about all this farm food business.

No. 1} Put your veggies in the fridge as soon as you get home.
It's a long trip home from the LES to Bushy, the subway and walking, humidity.
They can do a number on those green leaves. Put them in the fridge before you
make any imbibing plans at your favorite local establishment.

No. 2} It doesn't matter if the rain has caused you to relapse to your
favorite winter comfort foods of pasta and potatoes. You just picked up bags of green
things. EAT them. Don't go buying other food you want.

No. 3} The strawberries at the McCarren farmers market were better than the ones from my
share…I do know berries are fairly new to my CSA's Farm, will not judge too harshly yet. McCarren also had giant bunches of radishes for $1.…

No. 4} Scapes. We got scapes last week. Superb. I had never had them before so I just sauteed them in olive oil and salt (Kosher of course). I added them to my potato salad I've been obsessed with lately. Scrumptious I did it a second time but with sauteed radishes as well and added hard boiled eggs.

2 comments:

  1. I had never heard of scapes before. Had to look them up. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time you're in Boston you HAVE to make the potato salad with Scapes and radishes. I'll provide the scallopes or lobster.

    LD

    ReplyDelete